Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Maurice Plato Symposium

I saw the movie Maurice last night in Woolson House. The movie was very 80's. The filmmakers had the task of creating a movie set in the early 1900's during the 19880's and they did an okay job. However I could not help but notice how 80's the film was. Now to the movie itself. Overall, I liked the movie. The movie cut out several things from the book, i.e. Maurice and Dr. Barry's nephew. The movie could have been so much better in my opinion. The plot was spread out and the flow of the movie seemed rigid. Also, the actor who played Maurice was not very attractive. Hugh Grant was hot in the movie, however I always pictured him differently. Scudder is really attractive as well. I liked the book way more than I did the movie. I did like how the movie takes up less time than reading the book. The movie needed to focus as much on the characters as the book did.

I am still confused with Plato's Symposium. I understood a little tho. I liked Aristophanes theory/speech more.

No comments: