Wednesday, March 21, 2007

After class,I found the movie and book, Interview With the Vampire, more interesting than I had previously. I hadn’t thought about many of the characteristics that we talked about in class. One comment I found intriguing what that vampires suck all the life out of you, where as the sun and reality of life sucks all the life out of the vampire. They seduce you and trick one into thinking their intentions are differently. The vampires in the movie seemed as though they not only used their actions, but they also used glamour to lure the women in. Their mystery lead the women into wanting to know more, as the men make the situation not only intriguing, but also erotic. The women think they are being seduced and the vampire is into them, where it is the kill that because more erotic rather than the women. The movie and the book portray this idea of the vampires of having a hidden identity that no one can unveil, which vampires do demonstrate. I think that this also goes back to the idea of hidden identity, such as in Minority Report. People and/or vampire use an identity or cover themselves up to better their lives or reach their ultimate goal. I found the discussion in class interesting, although I didn’t really like the book or movie. Even though the book gave good imagery, I found it very word an drawn out. As for the movie, I also thought it was a little long and didn’t really like it. Although, I may being bias because I really don’t like fantasy, fake, or unrealistic movies.

No comments: