Wednesday, April 25, 2007

During our class discussion yesterday, people brought up many point that’s I had previously thought about. When I first saw TransAmerica in theatres, I did not know what it was about going into the movie. While watching the movie I was in shock of what was happening. To me it was an eye opener because I have never really thought about the complex lives that transvestites carry. I obviously knew people wanted to be an opposite sex of what they were, although I never realized how serious it is or the extreme levels that people take it to. After seeing the movie, I felt a bit shelter and in my own bubble. It showed me how complex peoples lives are, and how often times people “seem much happier than they really are”. The relationship between Toby and his mom/dad was something that I could have never imagined. The movie really showed me more about relationships between men and women, men and men, and family members. Not everyone has to be perfect, and often times families aren’t perfect, but I never saw such a graphic picture of how messed up home lives can be for some people. I think this movie is really good and allows people to look at the world in a different way and see another perspective on how some relationships work.

No comments: