Thursday, April 26, 2007

Transamerica

Transgender is one issue that I can in no way relate nor understand. Growing up, I would say that I was more of a "tom boy" than a "girly girl" but I never wished I was a boy. Maybe when I was going through puberty I wished I was a boy so I wouldn't have to deal with all the changes, even though boys go through changes too. But I never desired to actually have a penis. And I was a male, I don't think I would desire to get rid of my penis. I just find it odd to what to add or change body parts, especially if you are changing them for parts that are not fully functional.

What did people who wish to have these changes do when we weren't so advanced with technology? I think watching Transamerica was a good experience for me because I was able to view it as more "normal" seeing how it effected both Bri and her friends and family.

No comments: