Wednesday, February 28, 2007

02/27/08 class

As usual the conversation in class was interesting. Everyone's has an opinion if not slightly, way different from one another. When we discussed why we watched America's Next Top Model, some liked to people fail and others like myself watch it for other reasons. I watch this and many other reality TV shows, consisting of average or gorgeous people, because I like the unscripted nature of the show. I like watching because I can relate to certain people in certain situations. For instance, I cannot stop watching Real World Denver, not because its the greatest season thus far( which I think it is not, new orleans and key west are my favorites) but because I intimately know one of the guys. My point is that we have shows that we like and don't like. I want to see how gender is connected to what we like. Also are people stereotyped by the shows they watch? What are some shows that a person for instance would watch base on the stereotype that they fit in to? This can be applied to movies, books, magazines, music, and everything else about him or her.

Who do you think watches America's Next Top Model? I would assume mostly girls and gay guys, but then that's way too general. Gay guys vary as much as girls do. Not everyone is a like.

Also, love, lust, and relationships are always bittersweet. I personally don't know when if I will ever be satisfied with just being with one person. Maybe I like the variety of life and the attention, but honestly, who doesn't?

No comments: