Wednesday, February 21, 2007

minority report

I've seen the Minority Report several of times , and I loved watching it again. I am a huge fan of sci-fi movies and this was a good choice. Like a couple of my classmates, I have to comment that I don't really see any obvious signs of gender in the movie or in the short story. There must be some subtle examples that I overlooked. I did not really pick up on anything major. I feel like I did miss out something extremely obvious but I can't put my hand on anything. I liked the vision of the future. All the future murderers in the movie were men, that is possibly interesting to look into.

I would like to say that I'm so excited about being in campus movie fest. It's been a fun start and I can't wait to see the final product, which won't be till this weekend. I can't wait though. I wanted to be in campus movie fest last year but I didn't enter on time/make up my mind. I'm glad I signed up.

What I did notice about the movie is that tom cruise's character was much much more distraught and saddened by the loss of his son than his wife. Mothers are usually the ones who would be way more hurt on the outside than fathers are. Tom cruise was more emotional than his wife. He did go work at precrime to prevent other kids from getting killed (even tho thats really not made clear in the movie). His wife did nothing.

No comments: