Wednesday, February 7, 2007

While reading the book I didnt like it at all, although towards the end i was really excited to see how the end would turn out. After finishing the play and talking about it in class I found the play to very interesting. I thought all the double meanings were cool how Oscar Wilde did it. I thought the movie did a good job of portraying the characters. One part in the movie that i found odd was when Gwendolen got a tatoo. At the same time i thought that it really made the book more modern in a sense. The tatoo played on the fact that even though she didnt really know Jack she went ahead and assumed they would marry. I find that this book has a twisted sense of how marriage should be. In the begining i think Algernon is like Eros in the sense of being a bachelor but then he changes once he heard of cecily. Throughout this book i find all of the underlying means, such as the word "bunbury", very intriguing. I think Oscar Wilde's play in well written and great piece of literature.,

No comments: