Wednesday, February 14, 2007

so hot so fine..

I am devoting this post to a discussion that we had in class yesterday. We talked about what attracts us to a person, if it is their looks or personality. This was ignited by Tiptree's short story the girl who was plugged in. As we all know P. Burke, a very ugly girl who lived in a dungeon somewhere, was pretty much in control of Delphi, a gorgeous goddess. P. Burke lived vicariously through Delphi. Paul (I think that is his name), falls in love with Delphi, not knowing that she is controlled by P. Burke. Paul finally meets P. Burke and kills the ugly beast. Delphi lived on.
The question then arose in class. I think that a person's look is the single most important factor in determining whether or not I am attracted to them. The majority of people do this, yet some people don't want to admit it because they want to seem to have morals. If a guy is ugly, fat, dressed badly, has acne, smells, had bad teeth, an awkward nose, greasy hair, bad body odor, too short, too tall, has ugly footwear, or has to much body hair, I refuse to talk to them. I'm not gonna flirt with someone if they do not meet my standards, it make seem shallow, but guess what? I am. I want a guy that I will be proud of, and who will make me melt every time i see him. Personality is important only if I want to pursue more. Otherwise its irrelevant for the most part. I am honest.
I have chatted with several guys online, only seeing pics, and then meeting them. Twice, I sent them away in a matter of seconds. I wasn't going to waste my time duh.

No comments: